Tuesday, September 26, 2006

LIBERTY
I have been meditating on some scripture:
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now where Lord is Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
So...what does liberty mean? Here are some definitions. 1. The condition of being free from restriction or control 2. The right and power to act, believe and express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing 3. The condition of being legally and physically free from confinment, servitude, or forced labor. Here is another way of explaining Liberty: not in confinement or under constraint; free.
If I am where the spirit of the Lord is then there will be freedom...nothing forced or controled. My God is not a God of rules and religious acts. Yaaaahoooo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Holly...I'm curious as to how you feel that will affect your daily life...any more thoughts? Liberty is a beautiful feeling isn't it? Just difficult (for me) to 100% move in that feeling.
Muah. Amy

Carmen said...

Hi,

I like the word LIBERTY. I bumped into your blog by just clicking "next blog"

Am pretty new in blogging. Just trying out.

Good day to you & God Bless.