Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Trifle and Kitchen Reno


I don't think I know anyone personally, who makes dessert and then sets up a photo shoot for it in the garden. Besides my husband and I, that is!!!! Layers of chocolate cake, raspberries, chocolate fudge pudding, and whipped cream....oh...it tasted even better than it looked! AND this is quite an inexpensive Dessert to feed a large group. Shaun had given me this Trifle bowl for Christmas but this was the 1st time I used it for it's "intended" purpose. Usually, it sits in the kitchen filled with fresh fruit.

We had this annoyingly large Microwave "box" in the kitchen. Our microwave is small and it seemed like such a waste of space. Shaun got out a saw and started the reno yesterday. I like it much better all ready. Now we just need to keep removing the wall paper and then paint. Yahoo!

1 comment:

Jen said...

The kitchen looks great Holly!

Looks like you guys have been having fun too.
Hmmmm too bad i was away when this yummy looking trifle was being eaten!!!

By the way, I brought you and Shaun a little gift back from Indiana....something you might have enjoyed with your trifle....something we have never yet found in stores, even state side....something our dear American friend usually has to provide us with....something that won't keep you up at night.....ANY IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE?!?!?!?

Guess I'll be seeing you soon won't I?