Thursday, January 22, 2009




It's almost Blooming Season

Well...for the bulbs that are growing in my warm house on the sunny window sill! It is so encouraging to have new life growing in front of us. The 1st 2 pictures are of an Amaryllis, a Chritmas gift from my parents. It will be a huge striking Crimson Red bloom and on this particular plant, we will have 2 blooms! The last photo is of some smaller bulbs that I am forcing, I forget what they are called but they look like a tiny Iris and will be whites, yellows and purples.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Although a cold snap is about to be thrust upon us once again Spring is only 8 weeks away.
However Holly we can always count on you to bring Spring to us early and bless us with the anticipation of knowing all will soon be new again.

Williams Family Blog said...

Believe it or not I will miss the Canadian spring this year. I love the newness it brings. It is going to be strange celebrating Easter in the "Fall".
I love the photos, good job!

Shaun and Holly said...

Thanks Karen. Sometimes that little point and shoot (cheep camera) comes through for me!

I think I would miss the Canadian Spring too. (NOT the Winter!!!)

H.