Friday, April 03, 2009

Oh how He loves us

"And then my heart with pleasure fills, And dances with the daffodils.” ~William Wordsworth~


My husband and I are passionate about creativity. We both enjoy photography. With an old job, we had the benifit of using an amazing digital slr camera. We both used it a lot and were so sad to have to "give it back" when Shaun took another job. 

Living on one income means that we go with out the "extras". Fancy cameras fall into that catagory. But, oh how we missed having that great camera...

BUT, GOD knew the desires of our hearts...

Several weeks ago, a close friend of ours sold us her camera, for an amazing, amazing deal. We are so thankful! We are thrilled with the camera (AND a 30-700mm lense) and are just getting the hang of it. God sure does give His kid's GREAT gifts! :)

4 comments:

The Hippie Moose said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to see all the amazing images you create with it.

Maureen said...

I love Black and white photos.
I find B&W tends to draw out inner emotions within myself.
Call me crazy but there just seems to be a difference when viewing the same picture in colour.Both are beautiful but different.
Do you know what I mean?
Have fun with your new camera and I am glad you both were blessed with this wonderful gift from your friend

Shaun and Holly said...

Oh yes, Mo, I know what you mean. Colour makes us feel different than the Black and white, for sure!
I just posted a similar pic (above)that is in colour so you can see (i mean feel) the difference. :)
H.

Amy said...

how grand!! ENjoy!!