Tuesday, October 06, 2009

10 Pounds of Carrots

Oh what to do with all these carrots?!! Ideas? Please share...
So far...I have a pot of Carrot Soup on the stove. I got the recipie off the Internet and it's very simple.

Carrot Soup
8 carrots, roughly chopped
5 celery sticks, chopped
4 cups water
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1Tbsp. curry
1 Tbsp Olive oil

Cook oil, onion and garlic in pan until soft. Stir in curry. Put all in large pot, heat to boiling, then simmer until veggies are soft. Blend in medium amounts in your blender. Salt and pepper to taste.




3 comments:

The Hippie Moose said...

I probably bought the same bag!! I grated and froze some for doing cakes in the winter. I also cooked a bunch up, mashed it all and canned it. I add it to EVERYTHING! Pasta sauce, soups, anywhere I can hide it for that extra hit of veggies the boys have NO IDEA they are eating. whaaa ha ha.

Shaun and Holly said...

This soup is seriously nasty. Really! Reminds me of baby food. I am going to try to "redeem" it tomorrow. Too frsterating to do today!! lol I think it really needed chicken stock, not water and needs some fresh ginger or something to give it a "kick"!

Williams Family Blog said...

Holly,

I am making Carrot Soup tonight and have had really good results with this recipe. Mine calls for
4 tbsp butter
1 large onion chopped
2 pounds of carrots
2 cubes chicken stock/boullion
pepper to taste
salt if desired
water as necessary

1. Melt butter in large pot, add onions
2.Cook onions on low for up to 25 minutes, covered. You're attempting translucency here so 5 minutes will work but superior taste is in the time.
3.Add water, carrots and stock cubes. Boil until carrots are soft.
4. Remove from heat and puree. Add water as necessary to obtain desired consistency.
5. Add (salt) and pepper to taste.
6. Experiment with plenty of pepper!
7. Enjoy!