Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Very Special Dinner

My Love has a special Birthday. December 25th. This Christmas Babe usually celebrates a bit early. This year we celebrate tomorrow (and the day after).

The kids are going to their Grandparents and I will try my best to make this 40th Birthday a memorable one!

My love and I love fine dinning which means the places that we really enjoy eating at come with extravagant bill. This year, I have come up with a plan to keep costs down but still keep it gourmet. I am thankful that I am a great cook because when you can do it yourself the price tag is significantly less!!

So with out further ado here is the menu:

  • baby greens, Julienne red and orange peppers with sprinkled with goats cheese
  • fresh Baguette with olive oil and vinaigrette for dipping
  • asparagus
  • Basmati rice with lemon and fresh cilantro
  • Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce (time consuming to make, but the BEST EVER!!)
  • White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Anyone feeling hungry? Drooling?

*giggle*

8 comments:

Amy said...

will you make the cheesecake??? If yes, PLEASE post the recipe. (if not, tell me where to get it!!)
I don't like mushrooms, but everything else sounds divine!! (I LOVE LOVE LOVE cilantro)

Shaun and Holly said...

Amy,
Yep...making the cheesecake. I linked the recipe with the name, so if you click on the cheesecake you will go to the site with the recipe....
H.

Williams Family Blog said...

Having a birthday on Christmas Day....hmmm I can so relate. I think we will have to be creative too when I reach that milestone.
I sooo love the menu, you should take pictures....never mind, I am drooling already.

Happy early birthday Shaun!!!

Patty said...

Yum!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Have fun getting ready For your special Birthday date...the menu is most definitely worth drooling over!
Happy Almost 40th Shaun!!! You'll soon be playing in the big leagues!

Maureen said...

Did I read something about it was a surprise party and we were all invited for dinner?
Ok desert
Ok Leftovers
Ok I heard that Holly :-)
Have a wonderful evening and Happy pre-40th Shaun

Shaun and Holly said...

Mo,
Hahahahaha!!!
Everyone,
Thanks for the Birthday wishes...I will show Shaun your comments tomorrow. :)

Tamatha said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY Shaun!