Friday, December 11, 2009


Less than 2 weeks until Christmas!

Wow...where is the time going?!!

Tomorrow we are having an early Christmas with my parents. Since my parents will be spending Christmas down south this year, with my sister and her family. It'll will be the 1st time the adopted boys get to meet their Nana and Poppa! I wish I could be there to witness all the excitement and love! We will have a quiet Christmas here at home, get together with our old friends (Jenny!!!!) and celebrate Shaun's big Birthday as well. :) It will be different this year but a good different, I think! *ahem* I wasn't saying that Jenny was old...was just saying that we have been friends for a long time!!!

There are less gifts this year and so many more are homemade. I still think it will be special. Maybe even more...

The kids have been getting ready for various parties and we have all decided that a little reindeer that "poops" out jelly beans is the greatest gift ever for their Gift Exchanges!! 

Other news...we have a young politician in our home...Last night Josiah met with the Mayor of our City with a handful of other Teens. He is applying to be in a Youth Advisory Council. He is pretty jazzed about it and we are trying to  encourage him in all his interests and dreams. He sure is amazing at being involved. I think both Shaun and I were kinda "hiding at home" at that age. Sure is a great thing to have such a confident kid!! And while I am bragging up my kids, I will continue: this evening Tirzah will be singing at a Talent Night at our Church. I will try and video a segment of it and post it later. She has a lovely sweet voice! 

Wishing you all peace, joy and love as the countdown to Christmas continues. 



3 comments:

Patty said...

I would LOVE to be able to hear Tirzah singing - hope you can tape it!

Jen said...

I am SOOO glad you clarified that "old friends" bit!!!
Lots of excitement happening for the Fillmores I see!

Shaun and Holly said...

Tirzah did very well even though she had a bad cold. BUT, she won't let me post a clip! :(

Holly