Friday, April 23, 2010

Orange Date Muffins

The best muffins of all times! A bit more work because of having to use the blender but so worth it, I promise. ~"A delicious orange flavor with little date flecks throughout. Scrumptious!"

1 Whole, unpeeled orange, cut up
1/2 Cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 egg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1, 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Cut oranges into 7-8 pieces. Remove any seeds. Combine orange pieces and juice in blender. Puree. Add dates, egg and butter to blender. Blend. Pour into medium bowl.

Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and soda in separate bowl. Mix thoroughly. Pour over top of orange mixture. Stir to combine. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake in 400 oven for 20 minutes (my muffins were very large {and I doubled this recipe} so I needed to cook my muffins for an extra 10 minutes). Remove from pans after 5 minutes standing time. Makes 12-16 large muffins.





No comments: