Monday, May 09, 2011

The Teenaged Years

Do you remember when you were a teenager? I do. I hated Grade 10. Looking back now, I see that I was perhaps clinically depressed. By the grace of God, I did manage to come out of the depression. It has been deeply impressed upon my memories as being a very dark and difficult time. Who says the teenaged years are the best years of your life? (Not me!)

Well, one of our teenagers has decided recently that they HATE school. They want to be home-schooled or change schools (to a very expensive private school). Husband and I do not see that either one of those is an option. What to do, what to do...

I read a quote yesterday (on someones facebook) that as Parents our job is not to take the bumps out of the roads that our children walk on. But, it is our job to help them as they walk down that road.





1 comment:

Patty said...

Hang in there girly! You guys are such good parents!