Soy is in so many things that you would never think! Here are some of the things that it hides in:
- ICECREAM (not all kinds but many of the cheeper kinds)
- BACEL (and other butter substitutes)
- Gummy Bears and many other candies
- Granola bars (and almost any packaged cookie type product)
- Ice Caps (from Tim Hortons)
This isn't fun at all! :( Tirzah is still waiting for her official testing but it is pretty clear that she is allergic to Soy. After a few bites she starts to cough as her breathing is restricted and it becomes hard to swallow. She doesn't go anywhere with out her benedrill and epipen. Thankfully, she hasn't needed to use her EpiPen.
She is happy that she can eat McDonald french fries and a double hamburger. :)