Monday, March 19, 2007

Angie Lewin's limited edition linocut and wood engraved prints are illustrated here. Angie works in a range of printmaking techniques including lithography, silkscreen and etching. More recently she has concentrated on lino and woodcut and wood engraving.

I love her style!!! I was supposed to get to try silk screening in my highschool art class...but we ran out of time and I never got the experience. We did get to carve on a wood block and make prints from that. Really neat effect. Shaun is a carver so lucky me...I have his tools to use. Last month I carved a leaf in a block of wood and made some prints. Turned out OK...but I can only dream of creating prints like Angie's! Maybe someday....Dream big, right?!

5 comments:

Williams Family Blog said...

Holly,

I love Angie's work!!!!

Keep dreaming big and keep at it girl. God has placed a lot of creativity in you...can't wait to see what comes next :)

Karen

Williams Family Blog said...

Holly,

Interesting you spoke about high school art class. One of the things I got to try in my high school art class was sketching and pottery making. I loved the potters wheel.
My mom still had a couple of pieces that I had made in the farmhouse.... Sad to say though I haven't done it since. Though who knows...the opportunity might come around again :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Keep dreaming and trying Holly. You have so much creativity in you!

Tamatha said...

kewl.....I wanna see the leaf!:o) Did you want me to come over for supper again so I can see it?:o)hehe

Shari said...

This is very informative - First I discover that you Holly have an artistic flare and now also Karen does pottery. I took art also and did some print work. It was on a leather like surface. My Mom still has copies but they are REALLY scary. Our art teacher was into abstract and really neglected to give us enough basics...it was all about the "feelings"....very wierd.

We had a group of ladies doing a course at Magda's, during one part of the evening she set up her studio for 5 of us to paint. It was so much fun. You could choose to paint in the studio or go in another room to journal or collage. Madga encouraged us to dream, and express ourselves in different ways.

I think inside all of us is a desire to be creative (in many different ways)....we just need to relax and GO FOR IT.

Happy carving Holly!!!
Shari