Thursday, March 22, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Today my mom turns 61. We had a nice supper together this evening and some homemade ice-cream cake.


My mom was born and raised in beautiful Summerland B.C. in a little house that her dad built. Her dad was German and her mom was British. She has an older brother: Charlie...or Uncle Chuck as we called him. Mom went to University in BC and got her teaching degree with a Fine Art major. She met my dad at University and they eventually got married. Mom never did get a job as an art teacher but ended up teaching music. When my sister was born mom quit work and since that day has been a happy "homemaker". She has been married to my Dad for 40 years this coming May!!!! Oh, I forgot to say...after my sister and I were married to our husbands and had left home and after my dad had retired ( Canadian Air Force) they went into missions for 10 years. They were Literacy workers for Wycliffe Bible translators and spent 6 (i think!) years in Mexico. My mom is very brave! She is a devoted wife. She is a loving mom. She is a wonderful Granny. She loves to sing and worship. She is a hard worker. She is an artist. She loves the outdoors. She loves Jesus.
Happy Birthday Mom!

5 comments:

Marsalie said...

Happy Birthday Auntie Ann!

Love Marsalie, Johnny and Shaylah

Jen said...

Your parent are great Holly, and a real blessing to Desert Stream...
Happy Birthday Mrs. Lowenburger!
Love
jenny

Nana Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Ann. You are a Blessing!!!
Cheryl

Williams Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

You are an inspiration to us all!

Love

Karen

Shari said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Ann. You are a wonderful, Godly woman, with so much to impart to others.