Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January Thaw

Here in Ontario, Canada we often experience a few days of higher temperatures, in January. This year it has not disappointed us. We set records highs yesterday, it hasn't been this warm in Jan, since sometime in the 1940's (or at least that is what I think I heard them say on the radio this morning...but I was a bit groggy! Correct me if I am wrong). Today is is to go up to +12!

I have a friend who often plants her "forgotten bulbs" during our annual January thaws. They come up in the Spring beautifully! So much for thinking that we need to get them into the ground in October. Anyway, it has got me thinking about flowers. I went looking through last years, Springs pictures and found this picture of some of our crocus. They were the 1st bulbs to come up in our garden. In a few more months, these should be showing their sunny little faces again. YEAH...I love Spring!

4 comments:

Shari said...

A planting I will go... a planting I will go ... hi ho the .. a planting I will go... Come on everyone join me in this song!!

Jen said...

Hmmmm

Think there are any bulbs left in the stores for me to buy and have HOLLY plant?????

Shaun and Holly said...

Jenny,
I love gardening but NOT in January!!! You should try and hire Shari...she loves planting bulbs in January!

Tamatha said...

lol...I am not planting anything till I see what is to come up in the gardens here at our new place.