Monday, March 17, 2008

Morning Visitor

This morning as my daughter and I were walking out the door to her bus, we heard an unfamiliar "song". It sounded like the bird must be close.Yes! There, high up in our Maple Tree; with the wide open blue sky as it's back drop, was
a beautiful red Cardinal!

Tirzah and I thanked God for the gift of hearing AND seeing this sweet and beautiful little creature. What a great way to start a Monday morning.

Be blessed this week and think about this:
"Consider the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" (Matt. 6:26).

7 comments:

Amy said...

Does this mean spring is coming???

Maureen said...

Spring is coming Amy.
On Thursday I went outside on my break and I also heard the soud of birds.
Geese to be exact.
First thought was NO WAY!
Then I saw them.
I was soo excited you would have thought I had won the lottery.
had to share with evry staff member and customer that came in.

Jen said...

I love the sounds of birds in the spring!

Shari said...

Did you take this picture?

Shaun and Holly said...

nope. There is a copyright on the lower left of the pic: Marie Read. Pretty isn't it?!

Tammy said...

I love the sound of cardinals. I have a Mr. Cardinal in my back yard and I heard him for the first time this weekend. Love it!!!!

Tamatha said...

I love cardinals! They are so pretty!