I just pulled these lovely treats out of the oven.
Old-Fashioned Blueberry or Raspberry Muffins
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, unthawed
- Preheat oven to 400F; line twelve muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan; stir over medium heat until butter melts; cool until mixture is warm to touch; beat in eggs.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl; add milk mixture and stir just until blended; fold in blueberries (or raspberries).
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups; Bake until golden and tester comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
- Variation: You can use raspberries instead of blueberries.