Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Husband on a sunny Fall afternoon

Shaun and the kids and I made sure all our errands were done in the morning. We had work to do in the afternoon and were actually looking forward to being outdoors. Shaun raked up the leaves in one section of our fenced yard. The leaves almost reached the kid's tree swing. *Later in the day when 2 of Josiah's friends came over the boys had great fun swinging off into the pile of leaves!*

I worked in
the flower garden, pulling out the annuals. I made piles of them on the grass and cut off the prettiest blossoms for an indoor bouquet. Shaun took a few pictures of the discarded flowers.











Looking at his pictures now and seeing how pretty they all are, I can't believe we pulled them all out!










Shaun also found a really neat seed pod of a perennial violet.

5 comments:

Amy said...

this is the part I hate about shift work--I love the idea of working in the yard with the fam!

Looks like you all had a bunch of fun, and the flowers do still look gorgeous! Love the violet seeds.

I really need to look after my garden...hopefully this week sometime...

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful day outdoors! Great family time.

Magdalena said...

Love the hat :)

Yah, what were you thinking pulling the flowers out lol

I leave everything but the dead ones. Some have great seed pods that the birds enjoy over winter...also self sowing is a bonus.

Shaun and Holly said...

Magda,
I like Shaun's hat too!

Re. the flowers. WAY TOO MANY self sowed last year so I wanted to control the garden a bit this Fall. It was way too full...as it is I am going to be dividing almost ALL of my perennials as well, in the Spring...Amy should be happy! ;o) (And anyone else that wants some flowers...I like sharing...

Tamatha said...

Wow! You guys sure get a lot of leaves!