Thursday, November 05, 2009

carrot coconut loaf

I made this a few weeks ago, doubled the recipe and made 2 loafs...it's a healthy, heavy, breakfast type loaf. YUM!

2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 C. white sugar
1/3 C. brown sugar
2/3 C. oil
2 large eggs (oops...I just realized that when I made this today, I forgot to double the eggs!Whoops...so as good as this loaf turned out for me, it would have been even better with those 2 extra (forgotten) eggs!! lol)
3/4 yogurt
1 cup. shredded carrots
1/2 coconut
1/3 raisins
1/3 walnuts ( i didn't use)

Combine 1st 6 ingreds together in large bowl. In another medium bowl add the next 5. Stir to mix....add wet to dry. Fold in carrots, coconut, raisins and walnuts.

375 oven.
For loaf cook 50 minutes to an hour.
20-25 minutes for muffins.

No comments: